Pages

Saturday 17 March 2018

Paper Rose Tutorial

One of the features of my teapot boxes is the little rose finial that sits on top of the lid. Sometimes they can be a little tricky to create, and I admit that the instructions on my template may be a little sketchy. So, for this reason, I have created a video tutorial, which gives more detailed information on how to create the paper rose.



It all begins with a spiral, (image below taken from my Teapot Box template), and on the video I demonstrate two different ways of making the rose. One uses a simple rolling method, whilst the other is more complicated using a fold and roll method. The folding method, I feel, creates a far more realistic rose as shown on the teapot box above.


I really hope you enjoy my video tutorial, and that it helps you to create your own paper roses.


No comments:

Post a Comment