Saturday, 25 April 2015

Altered Tin Design

Over the last few months, I've been making a collection of small (throat pastille) tins - not wanting to throw them away, but not really knowing what to do with them. 

After spending some time on Pinterest recently, I found myself suddenly immersed into the world of altered tin designs, and I knew what I had to do!

I couldn't wait to get started! This is my first one, combining steampunk and vintage design.

I used a textured paper to cover the outside of the tin, and after inking the edges, I applied a little antique gold Rub n Buff to enhance the detail.

All of the other materials I used are repurposed, having been taken off of something else.

I am thrilled with the result, particularly the little silver (bead) feet on the base.

I can't wait to start making more of these - the design possiblities are endless!