Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Beach Hut Boxes

With the arrival of long, hot summer days (and spending far too much time on the beach!) I soon had a new gift box design in mind - in the shape of a cute little beach hut!


I started with a simple box design, and after a bit of trial and error, I developed an idea for the roof so that it would open whilst staying attached.


Once I was happy with the design, I made up a template, and used it to start creating my little beach huts. The template for this design is now available as a PDF download from my Etsy shop.

Here are some of my first designs...

  

I added stripes (slats) to the sides and roof of these three with a paper scorer to give more detail. 


I then tried printing stripes onto white card and using a block of matching colour for the roof, which gave a far more realistic look. Inking the edges slightly also gave the huts a natural, weathered look.


I kept the doors white (adding the scored stripes as before) and used a printed image of an anchor.

Once finished, I then (had to) return to the beach to photograph my new little boxes!



No comments:

Post a Comment