Pages

Saturday 1 July 2017

Gold Evil Queen Crown



I am so excited to share this tutorial! If you liked my previous Evil Queen crown tutorial, then I am certain that you will love this!

Inspired by the gold crown in The Huntsman: Winter's War, it is really simple to create.


I have a template in my Etsy shop for this crown, available as both SVG and PDF, or you can follow the simple instructions below.

Starting with 2 strips of shiny gold cardstock, 3cm wide, glue the ends together so that it is big enough to sit on the crown of your head.


Next, glue an extra piece of gold cardstock to the inside front (using the following template) to represent the familiar widow's peak.



Using the following template, cut 6 small 'spikes' out of gold cardstock and 1 slightly taller 'spike' for the front of the crown.




Then, using PVA glue, attach each 'spike' to the crown as shown, making sure they are all evenly spaced and secure.




If you wish, you can draw a pattern around the crown using something like 3D Clear Gloss Finish, making sure to seal all of the joins. This is what I did with my original black Evil Queen crown.


To give it an aged metal look, lightly apply Rub 'n Buff (Antique Gold, or similar) to each of the raw edges and quickly blend it in before it dries.

The finished crown. I hope you like it, and are inspired to create your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment