Pages

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Doughnut-Shaped Box

Doughnuts. I love their simplistic form and the seemingly endless decorations that can be applied to them. So this started me thinking ... Can I create a box in the shape of a doughnut? A realistic one that opens and closes easily?

Challenge accepted!

I did a lot of research first into existing doughnut-shaped boxes, but could find nothing close to what I had in mind. (This is a good thing, as it means my design will be unique!) I then looked through lots of photos of doughnuts and started to plan out a simple design.

Here are some of my early prototypes:

 

 

After a bit of trial and error, and a few more design tweaks, I finally achieved the shape I wanted.


It really is a simple design, with the centre tube (hole) and the dripping icing giving it a realistic ring doughnut shape. There is space inside for some sweet treats, and it's easy to open and close.


I am now working on the template for this box, which will be available soon in my Etsy shop. 

*UPDATE* The templates for this doughnut box are available now as SVG cut files and PDFs.


What do you think of my design? Do you have a favourite doughnut icing / topping? What would you put inside the box? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment