Pages

Wednesday 28 December 2022

Butterfly Favour Bag

It's been a while since I designed a handbag template, so this is what I've been working on over the last couple of weeks.

A cute, butterfly favour bag that can be filled to the brim with sweets or small treats. It can also hold a gift card inside! Perfect for Mother's Day, wedding favours, bridal showers, birthday parties and more!

The templates for this bag are available as SVG and PDF and can be found in my Etsy shop.

To make one, you will need:

Butterfly Favour Bag template (PDF and SVG available)
* Computer and printer to print the PDF template and instructions
* Digital cutting machine (I have only tested this on my Cricut machines)
* Double-sided cardstock (220-250gsm recommended)
* Patterned card or paper (120-200gsm)
* Craft glue / PVA / double-sided tape

If you are not using a cutting machine you will also need:

* Craft knife / scissors
* Scoring tool
* Ruler

Watch my video tutorial below showing how to assemble the favour bag:


The butterfly comes as two pieces, and I like to join them at the centre only, so that the detailed front wings can be brought forward slightly.

TIP: Add a little glue to the back of the antennae and stick them to the bag. They can be very delicate, especially if the template is reduced in size, and likely to bend or break off.


There is also the option to add a little paper bow to the bag, maybe attaching it to one of the handles like I have, or making a larger version and having it on the front of the bag instead of the butterfly. 

However you choose to make your little butterfly favour bags, I just know they will look fantastic and super stylish!

Happy crafting!

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment