Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Pop up Box Award

I am excited to announce that I recently won two awards for my 3D papercraft business! First, I received a #SBS (Small Business Sunday) award from Theo Paphitis on Twitter, and then, in the same week, I was awarded the title 'Queen of Favour Boxes', courtesy of the fabulous Aqua Design Group. So, in recognition of these amazing achievements, I decided to create some pop up box cards in the style of an award.


I wanted to use as much gold as possible for these special box cards, and I decided to include as many award elements as I could. So, with the help of my Cricut Explore Air 2, I designed and cut out a gold shield for the main part, a gold ribbon design, and a gold bracket label for the front. Wanting to create more dimension, I then cut out five gold stars and a decorative gold laurel wreath for the back.

I printed the award badges onto photo paper and backed them onto several layers of Kraft card to make them stand out from the shield.

For the dates of when I received these awards, I took the brave decision of cutting them out of gold paper (using my Cricut machine) to create an engraved look. I had to be super mindful as I then weeded the individual letters and numbers out, taking care not to lose any of the teeny tiny pieces that I might need to fill in the gaps. 


I backed the labels onto Kraft card and filled in the extra parts of the 0s etc, using my ultra pointy tweezers and a very steady hand!

To add to the gold ribbon, I cut the word 'Winner' out of another piece of gold paper and backed it onto Kraft card to give it extra depth and dimension. This was a little easier to weed out as the letters were welded together!

I then attached the gold stars to thin strips of acetate to make them appear as though they are shooting out of the boxes.

Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled with how fabulous they look! They are now displayed in pride of place on top of my Cricut machine, so that every time I use I am reminded of my outstanding achievements!

No comments:

Post a Comment