Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

NEW Cactus Favour Box

As I am continuing to convert some of my PDF templates to include SVG cut files, I am excited to share with you my latest favour box design!

These cute little cactus boxes are so easy to make and look so realistic with their gorgeous paper flowers on top.

If you're having a garden party they would be perfect for holding sweets or small treats. But if you don't want to use them as favour boxes, you could give one as a new home gift, or maybe make several and display them in a row on a shelf or a sunny windowsill.

You can find the updated templates for these in my Etsy shop here, and you can watch my updated video tutorial below to find out how to easily assemble them.


Tip: Before assembling the box, try embossing the cactus plant pieces. I did this with all of mine, and it gives extra texture and a realistic thickness to the plant.

Tip: Once assembled, apply a little white acrylic paint to each spike to create a more realistic look.

These boxes are fun to create, and are so tactile with their (not so spiky) spikes. You can mix and match them in their pots and create different coloured flowers to match a particular colour scheme using scraps of paper.

I hope this has inspired you to start creating your own little cactus boxes and, if you plan to give them away as favours, maybe you could make one or two for yourself as well. After all, they really are the easiest houseplants to look after! 🌵

No comments:

Post a Comment