Pages

Saturday 8 August 2020

SVG Doughnut Box

At last! My doughnut favour box template has had a makeover and is now available as an SVG cut file! And I absolutely love how it's turned out.

I don't mind admitting that it was a tricky one to convert, but after a few minor changes, the results are simply stunning.

The SVG cut files for this box are available now from my Etsy shop, and I have also updated the PDF versions which accompany them.

One of the changes to this updated template is with the icing. Previously, there were six icing options available as part of the PDF version, and that still remains the same. You simply print the page onto white photo paper (glossy 90 - 120gsm recommended) and cut out the ones you want to use.

These are the six icing options available:

Now, with the SVG version, I have included four separate icing options.

If you wish to use one of the three decorated ones, you will need to flatten the layers before you send it to print then cut.

The fourth icing option is a plain (pink) one, which you can cut out of any patterned paper you choose.

I think any stripey or spotty paper works really well for this, but any small pattern will do to give the impression of decorative icing or sprinkles. You could also try applying a layer of acrylic gloss varnish to the icing to give it a realistic glazed finish. I particularly love this pink and white striped one.

Tip: Ink the raw edges of the icing piece with brown ink before gluing it to the doughnut box lid. This gives the icing a little more defintion and a more realistic look.

Using different coloured cardstock for different doughnut flavours gives great results! I experimented with printing a small pattern onto one side of my coloured cardstock. You could also try embossing it to give it extra texture.

Once filled with small sweets or delicious treats, this sturdy little doughnut box is sure to delight!

You can watch my new video tutorial here to see how it's done and get some useful assembly tips.


The main thing to remember is to bend the lid and base pieces into shape prior to assembly without folding or creasing the tabs.

Also, flattening the circular shape as you work your way around will help enormously!

I hope you are inspired to give this little doughnut favour box a try, and I would love to see what you create using the templates!

No comments:

Post a Comment