Pages

Sunday 21 March 2021

Ashes to Ashes Box Card

I started making pop-up box cards last year, at the start of the first lockdown. They seemed like the ideal way of sending a greeting card that had the added extra of a gift-like surprise thrown in! 

And this one has to be my favourite so far!

As a huge fan of the UK television series, Ashes to Ashes (and Life on Mars), I designed this card to feature each of the five main characters, along with references to the storyline in series 2.

I chose a bright red cardstock for the main box card, which I cut out using my Cricut Explore Air 2. This represents the red car that was used throughout the entire series - the iconic Audi quattro.

I then used a black and white checkerboard pattern for each of the four panels. This pattern was used a lot in the series and in the promotional photos.

I printed the characters onto glossy photo paper, and (painstakingly) cut them out by hand. I then printed the Ashes to Ashes logo, backed it onto red cardstock and attached it to the front of the card.

The small, black and white images and the drawing of the rose are from series 2, episode 7, where Alex Drake makes a shocking discovery in relation to operation rose.

I printed them onto white cardstock, cut each one out by hand, and glued them into place around the panels.

I also attached a few of the images to thin strips of acetate, and positioned them in and around the box card to fill in any gaps.

I think it looks amazing, and with so many different elements to this card, it is a wonder that it still folds flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment