Pages

Saturday 19 June 2021

Teacup and Saucer Tutorial

Over the last couple of weeks I've been busy updating some of my favour box assembly tutorials over on my YouTube channel. Not much has changed, so don't panic, but since I started offering my templates to include SVGs, I felt that the videos also needed a bit of a refresh. So the next one that I'd like to share with you is this tutorial for my Teacup and Saucer Favour Box.

Teacup and Saucer by Esselle Crafts

This gorgeous little 3D teacup can be filled with delicious treats, and makes an ideal gift for any tea-lover!

To make one of your own, you will need:

Teacup Favour Box template (PDF and SVG available)
* Computer and printer to print the PDF template and instructions
* Digital cutting machine (I have only tested this on my Cricut machines)
* Double-sided cardstock (220-250gsm recommended)
* Craft glue / PVA

If you are not using a cutting machine you will also need:

* Craft knife / scissors
* Scoring tool
* Ruler

Watch my NEW, updated video tutorial showing how to assemble the teacup and saucer, and be sure to follow the tips below.


TIP 1: When attaching the handle, position it a couple of millimetres up from the second score line.


TIP 2: If you are using patterned cardstock, try turning the hexagon pieces until the pattern matches up or looks right. The glue them into place on the saucer.


Teacup and Saucer by Esselle Crafts

So, what will you fill your little teacup with? Chocolates? Candies? Biscuits? Teabags? The choice is yours!

TIP 3: Team the teacup and saucer with my teapot favour box, then you can create your own fantastic little paper tea sets!

Teapot Favour Box by Esselle Crafts

Teapot Favour Box by Esselle Crafts



No comments:

Post a Comment