Pages

Monday 6 July 2020

Cupcake Favour Boxes

As I continue to convert my 3D papercraft templates to include SVG cut files, I have just finished giving my cupcake favour box template a makeover!

Cupcake favour box by Esselle Crafts

I am super excited about this new updated template, as it now allows you to be more creative and to choose your own colour scheme.

In the download (available from my Etsy shop), there is the option to use solid score lines, for machines such as the Cricut Explore Air 2, or small cuts (perforations), for machines like the Cricut Joy. There is also a plain black and white PDF version, which you can print and cut out by hand.

One of the major changes to the template is the addition of icing panels. I recommend using paper or thin card for these, as the lid may not close up properly if it's too thick. Patterned or embossed papers work really well.


TIP: Ink the edges of the icing panels beforehand to give them added definition. You could also apply a layer of acrylic gloss varnish to them to really make the icing sparkle✨


Another change I have made is the topper. I felt that a rose would give the cupcakes a more classic look, and they are so easy to make, in whichever colour you choose.

TIP: Allow the rose to unroll slightly before gluing. You could also apply a little acrylic gloss varnish to the edges to look like a glaze.

Choosing your own colour scheme means you can match your little cupcake favour boxes to any occasion or celebration. They would look great as wedding favours, or you could make a larger one as a centerpiece for a birthday or Mother's Day.

This red velvet one is undoubtedly my favourite. I had so much fun choosing the colours and patterns for it. But it would not have been possible without my fabulous Cricut machine ♥️ Those teeny tiny hearts are about 3mm wide. Imagine cutting those out by hand!

Resizing the templates is super easy, and I love how these ones nest into each other.

Imagine giving these to someone with a small surprise gift inside the last one!💍

I would love to see what you create using this template and what you use it for. Maybe you could put a real cupcake inside it. Then you truly could have your cake and eat it!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment