Friday 26 July 2024

Even More Upcycled Favour Bags!

Once again, I have been busy making more upcycled gift bags using my Butterfly Favour Bag template.

For this first one, I cut the front, back and side panels out of an old tissue box, then used a silver metallic marker pen around the edges before gluing them in place. To compliment the silver, I used silver glitter card for the handle panels.


The panels on this colouful butterfly bag started life as a different kind of gift bag! It was given to me last year, but the base was slightly damaged, so I cut it up and used as much of it as I could.

The front and back panels came from the front and back of the original gift bag, and the smaller side panels came from the sides of the bag, which were a lovely dark gold colour. To compliment this, I used a gold metallic marker pen around the edges of the panels and a bright gold glitter card for the handle panels.

The original gift bag was quite large, so I ended up making three bags - one large and two small!

This next bag is definitely my favourite! 💛 The giraffe design came from another old tissue box, and again I used a gold metallic marker pen around the edges of the panels. I cut the side panels and handle panels out of gold mirror card and had just enough of the giraffe design card to make a matching gift tag!



This next bag also started life as a different kind of gift bag and, just like the other one, I cut the front and back panels from the front and back of the original gift bag and the smaller side panels from the sides of the bag.


The gift bag was quite large again, so I had enough to make three small bags!


Finally, I had collected two tropical jungle design tissue boxes, which I turned into these two fabulous bags! I used green glitter card for the handle panels, and the main bag pieces were cut from the cover of an old art folder. 


As I wrote in my previous post, not all of the bags are made entirely from upcycled materials, but it gave me a good chance to go through my cardstock scraps and use bits that have been hanging around for a long time ♻️

Happy crafting and happy upcycling! ♻️

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment