Pages

Saturday 18 September 2021

DIY Christmas Cards - Easy Upcycling

In my previous post, I showed you how to make an upcycled mosaic desk tidy from used greeting cards. I had lots of those little punched squares left over, so I decided to use them to create my own little Christmas cards!

Upcycled Christmas Cards by Esselle Crafts

I used some of my other mini punches as well - a Christmas tree, a heart and a star - and punched out as many as I could. By now, I had very little of the used cards left, but I was really determined to use as much of them as I could!

Upcycled Christmas Cards by Esselle Crafts

To make some of these cards, you will need: * used Christmas cards / greeting cards * white cardstock or card blanks * mini craft punches
* scissors or craft knife * ruler and pencil * PVA or craft glue

Watch my video tutorial showing how I put some of the cards together:


I also incorporated some of the sentiments from the greeting cards, and turned a few into Christmas gift tags as well.


I think you'll agree that I got the most out of those used cards. I've now got some lovely hanging decorations, a fabulous desk tidy, some gift tags and a stack of my own cards to send this year!

Upcycled Christmas Cards by Esselle Crafts

I'd better start thinking what else I could make using this year's cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment