Pages

Saturday 6 June 2020

Larger Teapot Template

As you may have seen on my previous post, I have just updated my teapot template to include SVG cut files. I am still committed to offering the original PDF template in the download for people who prefer to cut out by hand, but I have also now added a larger version of the template.

Many people have asked me how to increase the size of the (original PDF) template as they wanted a teapot a bit more life-sized. Now, with this new template, it is easy to create a teapot measuring approximately 16cm (W) x 10.2cm (H) x 7.8cm (D)  /  6.3" (W) x 4" (H) x 3.1" (D). 

To make one, simply print the templates (two separate PDFs) onto two sheets of A4 cardstock and cut them out.

The main body of the teapot comes in two separate. pieces. This is so that the two bases (hexagons), when glued together, will provide a much sturdier base and hold the structure together better.

The lid also comes in two pieces, and it is simply a case of gluing one of the two tabs to the other piece, before assembling the lid and gluing the other tab in place to hold it.

This is the larger teapot (at the back) with the original sized one (in the middle) and a super cute small one (which is around 40% of the original template).

I really hope this proves to be useful to you, as the larger teapot looks amazing next to one my teacups.

No comments:

Post a Comment