Pages

Wednesday 2 September 2020

School Pencil Box

Following on from my previous post, where I introduced you to my new pencil favour box template, I decided to have a go at recreating the traditional yellow and black school pencil.

I started by cutting the main pencil pieces out of plain white cardstock (220gsm) and the lead nib out of plain white copy paper (80gsm).

I then started to colour the main pieces using coloured pencils, which gave it a nice textured, grainy look.

Two of the pencil panels (opposite sides) are black, and the remaining four are yellow with a thin stripe of black running between them.

The end of the pencil is red, and there is a thin curvy white strip just below it. Thinking that it looked similar to the curved edge of the main pencil piece, I cut the waste part that was left over and glued it in place.

I coloured the lid insert red, then used a combination of four different coloured pencils to achieve the light wood grain effect on the pencil point.

Finally, I coloured the lead nib with a dark grey Sharpie.

And here it is, looking fabulous next to some of my other pencil boxes!

Why don't you give it a try, and see what other pencil designs you can create!

*UPDATE April 2022* I have now created a full colour PDF template for my School Pencil Favour Box! Check out my blog post here for more info!

School Pencil Favour Boxes by Esselle Crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment