Pages

Saturday 22 May 2021

Life on Mars Box Card

Following on from my Ashes to Ashes box card design, I was asked recently if I could create one for Life on Mars. Well, how could I refuse?

I started with a similar template to the one that I used for the Ashes to Ashes box card, and cut it out using my Cricut Explore Air 2. I chose a shimmery copper-gold cardstock this time, again to represent the colour of the car that was used throughout the Life on Mars series.

I then created four checkered panels to look similar to the background on the front of the DVD box (above), and printed them onto white cardstock.

Next, I found several photos of the five main characters and, after adapting them slightly, printed them onto glossy photo paper and cut them out.

I had to keep moving the characters around and adjusting their heights so that, once they were in place, they could all be seen from the front of the card.

I then added the Life on Mars logo - adapted from the DVD cover - to the front of the card.

For the added details, I used a picture of the clock from series 1 episode 6, and several other items from that episode. I kept all of the papers and folders / files very neat and orderly, because that's how Sam Tyler likes to work.

I am so pleased with how this box card has turned out, and it looks fabulous next to my Ashes to Ashes card.


No comments:

Post a Comment