Pages

Friday 3 June 2022

Tropical Handbag Gift Bag

Hello, and welcome to another upcycling tutorial! This time I will be showing you how to transform an ordinary, cheap gift bag into a fabulous, designer-worthy handbag gift bag!

Over the years, I've been given so many of these gift bags, and I've saved them, thinking that one day I will be inspired to create something new out of them. Now I can't wait to share with you what I've made, and show you how to make one for yourself!

Doesn't it look amazing! 😍

This is the gift bag that I started off with. The label on the base showed that it came from Tesco and was called T.Tropical Gift Bag, but as I was given it so long ago, I doubt if it's still available.


Take a look at my video tutorial below showing how I made the handbag!


Here's a close up view of the rosette on the front. The button was also repurposed from an old cardigan.

Tropical Gift Bag Handbag by Esselle Crafts

Here's a view of the handbag from the back.


It's still very roomy inside, and still folds flat!


I just love how the pattern on the two handles matches up perfectly!


I am so pleased with how this bag has turned out, and can't wait to get started on another one!


No comments:

Post a Comment